About the Course
Have you ever wonder what is the difference between a pair of shoes that cost $100 and those that cost $1000? Many factors such as brand name, leather or material quality and even the country of manufacture immediately come to mind. However, the largest differentiation comes down to quality and type of the construction. This course provides you a very Industry insight on different construction methods used in footwear industry and how each method brings distinctive character to the shoes. You will gain knowledge on application and price point of each construction types and why small component such as seams and adhesive adds the quality of footwear. A must have skill for all footwear professionals.
What will you Learn?
- Introduction to Footwear Production
- Learn about different Footwear Construction such as cement, blake, goodyear etc
- Understand different types of Footwear adhesives used in Industry and their application
- Understand different types of seams and their suitability and application for footwear
- Evaluate quality of a shoe construction against quality benchmarks
- Learn to recommend alternative constructions to improve quality, price and lead-time
Who is it for?
This is meant for Leather goods designers, Merchandisers, Product Developers, Technicians, Buyers and Pattern Makers.
This Course has been designed in partnership with TaF.tc International.
Who is this accredited by?
This course has been accredited by the CPD certification service ( UK ) which is hallmark of quality and recognized world wide . You can use this certificate to provide evidence of your continuing professional development. This course provides 4 CPD credit points (points will change based on each course). For more information on CPD credits visit: https://cpduk.co.uk/news-articles/view/cpd-points-units-credits
Shareable on LinkedIn
Share your Course Certificates in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile (follow this blog), on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.