About the Course
This advanced course covers analytical skills in merchandise planning and buying for retail. The key focus is on Consumer-Centric Buying and Relevancy to Market Merchandising Concepts. The course will enable you to forecast accurately the needs of the customers and maximize customers’ satisfaction with the appropriate merchandise. Participants will learn to mix the store’s merchandise to appeal to their customers. Even with sophisticated technology available to the retailers, the high level of purchasing decisions and tasks to be performed requires a great deal of experience and relevant knowledge.
This course comes with downloadable templates for you to work on merchandising plans etc for a hands-on approach.
What will you learn?
- Purpose and guidelines of merchandise planning
- Factors to consider when making a buying decision.
- Understanding customer demographics
- Develop Merchandising plan for customer demographics and store profile
- Markups, margins, and retail price computations
- Develop Assortment and open to buy plans
- Supplier selection criteria
- Category management
- Price management techniques and strategies
- Understanding Inventory control and Merchandise logistics
- Learn the latest retail trends and dynamics of managing online shopping
Who is it for?
This is meant for Fashion buyers, Merchandisers, Designers, Product Developers, Retail Manager, Fashion Entrepreneurs, Sourcing Manager, Category Manager, Sourcing Expert
10- 12 hours
Who is this accredited by?
This course has been accredited by the CPD certification service ( UK ) which is hallmark of quality and recognized world wide . You can use this certificate to provide evidence of your continuing professional development. This course provides 20 CPD credit points (points will change based on each course). For more information on CPD credits visit: https://cpduk.co.uk/news-articles/view/cpd-points-units-credits
Shareable on LinkedIn
Share your Course Certificates in the Certifications section of your LinkedIn profile, on printed resumes, CVs, or other documents.